Greenleaf, ID 83626 US
Gem State Staffing-Caldwell is accepting resumes for a Diesel Mechanic position located in Greenleaf, ID. This position may turn into Lead Mechanic role for the right candidate.
Our client is seeking an experienced Diesel Mechanic to manage their in-house repair shop. This location has a fleet of 25+ trucks and light trucks. The nature of biz for our client is seasonal with busy periods in the spring and fall. Successful candidate will have fleet maintenance experience, their own tools, and experience managing others.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on diesel engines and vehicles
- Diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic issues
- Conduct inspections and identify any potential problems or safety hazards
- Repair or replace faulty parts and components, such as brakes, transmissions, and fuel systems
- Use diagnostic tools and equipment to accurately diagnose issues
- Maintain accurate records of all repairs and services performed
- Follow safety protocols and maintain a clean and organized work area
- Proven experience as a Diesel Mechanic, Ideal candidate has ASE Certification(s)
- Strong knowledge of diesel engines, hydraulic systems, and electrical systems
- Proficient in using diagnostic tools and equipment
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and diagrams
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Must have a valid driver's license
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Walk-in interviews are conducted daily at 304 Cleveland Blvd in Caldwell. No appt needed during normal biz hours. Feel free to call/text us with questions: 208-455-3504
I began my journey with Gem State Staffing in the Boise location way back in 2005. We only had 3 branches at that time! Over the years, I've managed Boise, Twin Falls-Burley, and back to Boise again. I was promoted to COO/District Manager for Idaho and our single location in Salt Lake City, and operated in that capacity for 8 years. We opened several new locations under my direction and increased our geographic footprint to cover all of Southern Idaho. Many of the employees currently employed by Gem State Staffing were hired and trained by me, a feat I am very proud of.
In early 2020 the ownership for Gem State Staffing offered me an opportunity to buy the Caldwell branch and operate the location under a franchise-like agreement. I'm happy to report that in January 2024, I completed my purchase of Gem State Staffing-Caldwell.